There are 3 categories of natural dyes available are:
- Natural herbal dyes extracted from any part of the plants like flower, bark, roots, wood, petals or fruits.
- Natural dyes extracted from animal like lac etc.
- Natural dyes from minerals like iron sulfate (Iron rust) etc.
Natural/Herbal dyes prepared by EcoFab
- Parijaat or Harsingar flowers or Nyctanthes arbor-tristis (Night-flowering Jasmine): Night flowering jasmine produces a very fast natural dye in yellow shade. It gave bright shade on cotton and vibrant shade on silk and modal.
- Pomegranate peel: It is one of the widely available natural and herbal sources of natural dye.
- Haldi or Turmeric: It gave a mustard yellow shade on the fabrics while dyeing.
Yellow and Orange
- Palash or Flames of the forest: Palash flowers gave both yellow and orange shade on the fabrics.
- Manjeetha or Madder roots: It is one of the most valuable sources of natural dye. It gave bright pink and red shade.
- Eucalyptus: Bark & petals of eucalyptus gave a light brown shade on variety of fabrics.
*We also prepare unique colors by mixing above dyes.