Puru print is a hand block print technique developed by EcoFab & two passionate “Chhippa” brothers Pawan & Banwari Jhariya of Tarapur village in Madhya Pradesh. It is similar to ajrakh technique but different ingredients used. It follows the traditional steps in hand block printing with minor changes in ingredients used in Ajrakh. Puru name is dedicated to the legendary hand block printer Late Shri Purushottamji Jhariya who created a unique technique of Tarapur print a combination of alizarin & dabu printing. For this unique combination of two different techniques he got state award from government. Puru also means heaven and it is repeated many times in Rig Veda one of the oldest known written scripture to the mankind.
It has all the properties of cotton and addition to it is very soft and lustrous like silk.
Specialty of Modal fabric over cotton:
1. It remains soft after multiple washes.
2. Easy to care
3. It is more comfortable than cotton because it allows skin to breathe
4. It absorb fifty percent more wetness (sweat) than cotton
5. It is a color fast fabric
6. Made from bark of beech tree.