There are 3 categories of natural dyes available are:
- Natural herbal dyes extracted from any part of the plants like flower, bark, roots, wood, petals or fruits.
- Natural dyes extracted from animal like lac etc.
- Natural dyes from minerals like iron sulfate (Iron rust) etc.
Natural/Herbal dyes prepared by EcoFab
- Parijaat or Harsingar flowers or Nyctanthes arbor-tristis (Night-flowering Jasmine): Night flowering jasmine produces a very vibrant yellow shade. It gives deep shade on cotton and vibrant shade on silk and modal.
- Pomegranate peel: It is one of the widely available natural and herbal sources of natural dye gives a variant of yellow shade.
- Himalayan Rhubarb or Revatchini: It gives a mustard yellow to brownish shades on the fabrics while dyeing depending upon the type of the fabric.
Yellow and Orange
- Palash or Flames of the forest: Palash flowers gives both yellow and orange shade on the fabrics.
Pink & Red color
- Manjeetha or Madder roots: It is one of the most valuable natural dye. It gives pink and red shade.
- Eucalyptus: Bark & petals of eucalyptus gives a light brown shade on variety of fabrics.